Thursday, May 23, 2013

Activity 1.1


Hello, my name is Karen Mayo.  I am in the Educational Policy Studies and Evaluation program.   I work at Bluegrass Community and Technical College (BCTC) teaching health education and first year experience courses.  I have worked at BCTC for 16 years.   As I move forward in my career, I plan to continue working in higher education.  One of the most rewarding aspects of working in higher education is the opportunity to witness how education dramatically changes people’s lives.    

I live in Richmond with my husband and two dogs.  I enjoy exercising, reading, and walking my dogs.  I am looking forward to getting to know everyone as we work and learn together through the summer. 

 

4 comments:

  1. Hi Karen,
    I work at the System Office in Versailles. Which campus are you on at BCTC?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Melinda,
      I work on the Cooper campus in Lexington.

      Delete
  2. Hi Karen,
    What a coincidence! There are 3 of us that work for KCTCS. I work at Owensboro Community & Technical College. I just got back from attending New Horizons in Covington. Were you able to attend?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tori,
      Yes, it is nice to see other KCTCS colleagues in this class. I was not able to attend New Horizons this year. Enjoy your weekend, and I look forward to seeing you in class on June 11th.

      Delete